EleksMaker A3 Pro 2500mW with violet laser doesn't work correct after a while

• Hey guys,

I bought the EleksMaker A3 Pro with 2,5mW violet laser.

First question: from the first time the weak laser isn't a dot, it's a dot WITH a line like the Picture shows. Is this correct or is it defective?
    0_1505157904027_IMG_20170825_203022.jpg

Second question: the laser engraves correct for a while like you can see on the left side of the picture. Then I tried some other Parameters (right side top to bottom). An from the 4th test it engraves correct for 2-3 mm and then only artifacts. :disappointed: What is wrong? Is the laser to "hot"? The outside is cool...
    0_1505158741866_IMG_20170911_181425.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Emil If that is focused and the lens is tight then you have a defective diode.

• Is the answer to the 2nd question the same, right? With a defective diode the laser brings this results after a while?

I have to dismantle the laser module if I want to check the lens, right? Although the warranty is not over yet, the service is not good I read. There is no chance to complain and get a new Laser (diode) from EleksMaker oder Gearbest - so I can try to dismantle... Hm... do you have some other helpful Information? :)

Emil

• The next try this morning. After 15 minutes of enraving the same result - this time with a second big fan next to the laser. :(

0_1505197632687_IMG_20170912_081817_1.jpg

@Emil Yes, it is common for the diodes to generate a weird output before they die. If you let it cool down does it burn again? (on that same area) If so you have proven the laser is bad and should request a replacement, if the vendor doesn't help you do a PayPal or credit card chargeback.

• Hey Zax, yes. If I let it cool down for a long time it will burn some minutes. So... do you have practical knowledge with replacement with gearbest or EleksMaker? Should I chargeback the whole price or only the price (like in the shop) for a new violet laser module?

Thank you very much for your help.

@Emil I would just do a chargeback on the whole unit as it's not working, then they will contact you to negotiate.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.