GRBL 1.1e ?

• When will GRBL 1.1 firmware be released for ELEKSdraw?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@nebiaydogdu Do you mean when will Eleks update their software to support Grbl 1.1?

If you want to use Grbl 1.1 now you can, just need to compile it for CoreXY. I've been meaning to do that myself but too busy with updates to T2Laser.

• I apologize for the bad translation I meant to say firmware update
    if you can give a link on how to do it
    trying to do

Well it depends what software you are using, if it's EleksCAM you can't use it as their software isn't updated.

If you use T2Laser or something that supports 1.1 then you can get the source from github but would need to modify for CoreXY and compile the hex to upload. It's tricky as you need to remove some other sections of code to make room on the Nano, but it can be done.

• Your working program used 25538 bytes (83%) of storage space. Up to 30720 bytes.
    Global variables use up to 1516 bytes of memory (74%). There are 532 bytes left for local variables. Up to 2048 bytes can be used.

I need to do a thorough code cleanup
    When t2 laser program GRBL 1.1 is loaded, it works diagonally
    x and y directions required

except that GRBL 1.1 is faster than the first one
    also laser dynamic workable
    continue research ... can you suggest resources in this regard?

• I have GRBL 1.1e installed on my EleksLaser-A5 it's running on mac using UGS and I have also successfully connected using Laserweb (which I am just getting my head around)

@Zax now I have 1.1e installed F#NAN# appears to do nothing thus I currently can not control the speed of each directional burn, what I have do is set $110 and $111 and a much slower rate to compensate just to confirm the g-code is correct right ??

this works fine except F1000 or F1 has no effect, however I'm sure it did with GRBL 0.9
    M03 S0
    X10 Y10 M03 S1000 F1000
    X10 Y0 M03 S1000 F1000
    X0 Y0 M03 S1000 F1000
    X0 Y10 M03 S1000 F1000
    M03 S0

@nebiaydogdu That's because my Grbl 1.1e is for a Cartesian (standard XY) not a CoreXY coordinate system.

@gerryghall You need to use the G01 command for F values to have any effect. The default is G00 rapid feed.

• Hey @Zax, yeah I learnt that last night while playing about I altered the feed rate to compensate as the laser is only small, I got the A5 version due to the lack of space but think I'll upgrade the laser just for better performance as I'll be cutting wood most of the time..

@gerryghall Feel free to contact me if you have questions, I wrote T2Laser from scratch after getting the machine and being unable to get Benbox to work on my machine (or download actually, it had malware so my protection kicked in and deleted it).

• Yeah well I come from the MS word developed VB6, ASP and DOTNET, these days though I kick around with Java, GO, Swift node php mainly.

I see you mention Tlaser run in a VM ? I'm going to give it a go I think LaserWeb has quirks the main one, it is really slow at vector rendering and producing Gcode.

@gerryghall I do have quite a few customers using VM's, the most popular seems to be Parallels.

• hey @Zax
    I have a local server running docker I remote access to it, I should still be able to expose the usb-serial port but if not I have Virtualbox, I did have parallels historically but due to mainly development reasons started using Vbox.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.