Adjustment A4988 step motor driver

• Hello, everyone.
    I got the A3 Pro 2500mW Carving Machine Engraver Carver.
    and accidentally change the driver current for the step motors. and i don't know what current to set it back.!

alt text

pls help me. if you have the same machine. i really need to know what is the right current i should set to not damage the motors.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Netha Set the X-axis to 0.35V and the Y-axis to 0.6V (2 motors) and you'll be fine. If you don't know how check my posts on setting motor current.

• Thanks Zax.
    But Still not working good as it works. any idea's how to fix it?...
    alt text
    alt text

it was suppose to be perfect circle .

• @Netha
    You change the driver current for the step motors because it did not make proper circles etc;
    This is not enough.
    Pay attention at the belts tension and the speed of motors.

@Netha said in Adjustment A4988 step motor driver:

Thanks Zax.
    But Still not working good as it works. any idea's how to fix it?...
    alt text
    alt text

it was suppose to be perfect circle .

These machines could have shipped with build instructions that address the common issues.

Common problems:

wheels too tight = adjust the holes in the plates at your own risk

Shapes come out wrong = tighten OR loosen the belts. AND/OR your rails are not perpendicular.

The USER MUST pamper these machines. I used a .001 accuracy caliper, a level and a carpenters square to set up my machine.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

As the others have said, this is probably not a driver current issue but some mechanical problem.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.