Acrylic Plate Files

• Hey Eleksmaker (HI Z!!!!!!!). I am wondering if you have a DXF file of the acrylic plates of your machine. I would like something like that for prototyping on my computer. I have some mods I would like to make on my A3 pro, but need to build the actual machine in my 3D software.

Are you willing to share them?

Thanks!!!!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

• @ThothLoki said in Acrylic Plate Files:

Hey Eleksmaker (HI Z!!!!!!!). I am wondering if you have a DXF file of the acrylic plates of your machine. I would like something like that for prototyping on my computer. I have some mods I would like to make on my A3 pro, but need to build the actual machine in my 3D software.

Are you willing to share them?

Thanks!!!!

Better to use openbuilds laser plate files. Openbuild has better design. Issue with eleks is wheel too tight. Issue happen because holes not made like openbuild holes; use openbuild dxf/stl files

• @Anatoly said in Acrylic Plate Files:

Better to use openbuilds laser plate files. Openbuild has better design. Issue with eleks is wheel too tight. Issue happen because holes not made like openbuild holes; use openbuild dxf/stl files

I already have those, but own an Eleksmaker design. My A5 plates failed on me and I was trying to design some new ones. The files would be great.

if you are looking for openbuilds design, here they are: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2570805

Again, I would like the eleksmaker designs. Its what I have and I am not in the mood to have to redesign my machine to fit the openbuilds design. Plus, many of us like to design things/additions ourselves, so why not improve on a design so we can share with the community?

• @ThothLoki

I understand. What you own, A5, is just name for extruded aluminum held together with acrylic plates. Redesign of eleks machine not needed for openbuilds plates. You have CAD program, easy to change dimenstion of openbuilds dxf files to fit A5, or A3; you probably not need to change any dimension anyways as both use same size aluminum.

Openbuilds use 20x40 v slot extruded aluminum, eleks use 20x40 v slot extruded aluminum. There not anything special about design of A3 or A5 plates, rectangles with side cut in (cut in sides are for decorations so not needed really), and 5mm holes for wheels. If you have one plate or even broken plate and a CAD program you can easily recreate. Just make rectangle, choose spot at bottom of plate for wheel holes, measure up from center of the holes to make holes for wheels on top. Not hard to do, and no need for eleks design which make wheels tight.

Person with CAD program can easy make new plate for 20x40 vslot extruded aluminum.

I'm sure loki understands all that. He has cad software and he makes many great things with it. He just doesnt want to reinvent the wheel. If someone already did the work and wants to share it, then there is no reason for any of us to waste time redoing it. That was the whole reason he asked for the dxf files.

• This post is deleted!

• @ThothLoki

acryli plate dimension in mm

Wide100
    tall 160

bottom set of wheels 5 mm holes
    12.5 mm from bottom of plate
    15mm from side of plate

top set of wheels
    57mm vertical center on bottom set ; this set dimension make problem of tight wheel. To fix you should make bottom or top set adjustable. So you make one set of the holes 10mm tall and 5mm wide, this allow to adjust wheel to axel to slot.

X rail mount on acryle plate
    Center at 50mm from edge
    15mm down from top of plate
    second hole centeted 15mm down from first hole

Motor drive shaft hole
    22mm hole center 50mm from edge of plate and 77mm down from top edge of plate

Motor mount 3mm holes
    make 31.04mm sqaure center on motor drive shaft 22mm hole, place 3mm circle centered on each corner of 31.04mm sqaure.

• @Anatoly Thanks for the dimensions. I will try to get to building a dxf file for it when I have the time. Better yet, if you get around to it, wanna share the files? ;)

Currently I have an A5 and A3 machine. Yes, I know they are extruded rail and it is not difficult to mod. I have done it many times. I have not played around with openbuilds designs much. My eleksmaker system work well and is very stable.

I recently got the openbuilds ACRO system dxf file and made some stl files out of it. the design is different enough that it is not completely compatible with the existing A5/A3 rails. Yes, I know it can be hacked/slashed/modded. That is the point of these machines in my book.

My A5 plates' holes were oblong and too large. I found some plates online that seemed very nice. I had a friend who works for a plastics company laser cut them out of 6mm acrylic. They look great, but yet they still do not work well. What I am hoping for is the original dxf file from the source. Rebuilding it is completely possible, but the originals are better. I personally do not see why Eleksmaker would have a problem sharing these (not a slight towards them for not replying, I know they are on holiday) because I do not see anywhere where they sell them on their site.

In the end, I am trying not to have to rebuild the wheel. I can take a ruler and caliper to measure everything and build it in CAD. In fact, many have. One person even placed all of their plates on a copy machine and scanned them. Of all the ones I have seen/tried, none are exact. Again, that is why I posted this.

• @ThothLoki

Hard to make eleksmaker exact because parts not exact, this why longer holes fix tight wheel problem.

• @Anatoly
    Thanks. Did you make that yourself? I noticed that the holes are not round and it is full of polylines hard to use with laser software and 3D CAD. It is better to explode all lines.

Here is what I had my guy cut for me. They look good, but I still ended up having issues. Honestly, it could be my crappy POM wheels (working on fixing that now)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m07yiajapz50uz2/AABAwSnpXMkAlxiz2CEzsWPEa?dl=0

• @ThothLoki Yes I make. Take 20 minute to make. I not get rid of polylines because I leave editable for other user. Holes are round; except 2 holes. The holes that not round are because parts not exact. Have to have elongated holes to fix tight wheel problem. Look at openbuilds plans, they also elongate holes. Best reason to elongate holes is because exact dimension of extruded aluminum is not constant, it vary. Elongate holes means you can manually adjust to make up for variances in wheels and aluminum.

• @EleksMaker-Z @EleksMaker @EleksMaker-CEO
    Are these files available and are you willing to share?

I am very interested in the A3 pro and older A5 designs (personally), but am looking for anything you are willing to share. I have no intention to try to steal business or copy designs. Just a maker/hacker/builder here

• Bump

• Take a look at openbuilds.com. If you like experimenting with your design, they have open source hardware and all the parts you might need.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.