Discrepancy between burn time and elapsed time

• [link text](link url)I noticed earlier today that the burn time for an image I was doing showed taking 44 minutes to complete; when the burn finished, it said some number of lines sent in 17 minutes; the elapsed time was nowhere near 44 minutes; the seconds on the completion bar was going faster than the seconds on my watch. I try to watch the times because of the rather stern warnings on the laser sales write-up concerning honoring the warranty if it is used more than 30 minutes without a cool-down period. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this? It makes me even more curious as to the 30 minute limit; is that laser on time, or total usage time? I've already had 1 laser module quit after about 3 hours of use; Banggood had Eleksmark send a replacement; I don't want to damage it from misunderstanding the time limits.

• I have run multi-hour jobs on my laser with no problems. Just make sure the fan on your module is working.

I have noticed the same thing in regards to the ETA on T2. I personally go by the estimated burn time after the gcode is generated. That seems more accurate to me. The ETA is an algorithm that reads the gcode and make a determination, thus can not be fully accurate. Nothing with gcode can be, from what I have seen. I use octopi for my 3D printer and it tells me I have 4 hours to go on a 20 minute print.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

The estimation in T2Laser is pretty close with my firmware and defaults, but if you change Grbl parameters there will be some error.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.