Copy handwritten text

• Hi. I wish to copy some handwritten text.
    I only have a picture of the text.
    I was told, before I purchased the unit, that it can be done from a photo of the text in question

Will this work,if not, what do I have to do to get it to work ?

• ElekMaker Develop Department

in fact , i think you need digital handwritten data or you use scan to rebuild your handwritten text

• @ratsack

who tell you it can be done?

• @Anatoly
    Support at Banggood

I only purchased it After being told this

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@ratsack Well technically they aren't wrong, it can be done. T2Laser using a DXF file.

0_1508071523131_w_Segment_0_x264.gif

• @ratsack

is possible, but not simple for most people

@Zax nice gif!

• Hello,
    if you got an Android tablet or phone:
    There is an APP called SignToDXF.
    I just tested this APP - you can write with your finger on your tablet and the result is a DXF File :-)

I could not yet test the DXF with my EleksDraw, I am not at home.

• @Zax
    Thanks for your info. How would I input the text from a picture of it ?

• @MadNBG said in Copy handwritten text:

Hello,
    if you got an Android tablet or phone:
    There is an APP called SignToDXF.
    I just tested this APP - you can write with your finger on your tablet and the result is a DXF File :-)

I could not yet test the DXF with my EleksDraw, I am not at home.

DXF not work with eleks devices.

Promotion of dxf file use is promotion of software that use dxf file.

• @Anatoly : I think T2laser can read DXF. I can't check it now, but I am pretty shure.

• @MadNBG said in Copy handwritten text:

@Anatoly : I think T2laser can read DXF. I can't check it now, but I am pretty shure.

Yes, T2 support dxf, that why I say "Promotion of dxf file use is promotion of software that use dxf file." DXF is better option.

• @EleksMaker-Z how you make eleksegg right a signature on golf ball? If not standard feature with eleks software?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@ratsack You would have to trace over it with curves, some CAD programs allow this by clicking nodes on the line and it joins with a polyline. It isn't too hard with a signature. Of course it may be easier to just write it with your finger as mentioned or use a pen/tablet if you have one.

• @ratsack

@EleksMaker-Z said in Copy handwritten text:

in fact , i think you need digital handwritten data or you use scan to rebuild your handwritten text

@EleksMaker-Z how you make this happen?

alt text

• @Anatoly
    Hi.

Can you explain those last two comments you made. I can not hand write the text. It is not my text but I am trying to make a surprise gift for someone and it is their handwriting, that’s why I have a picture of it.
    I purchased this unit in the understanding that it would write from a picture of the text

A picture is made up of pixels. If you take a picture of handwriting it may be 3-6 pixels wide. The machine cant decide which pixel to use at each point to redraw it. You need a digital line. If you draw a line in a digital form (ie a polyline) it has no true width. You can widen it or narrow it but it doesnt really matter because it has no real width. I just represents a path. A picture cannot be a path because it is made of pixels. If you want to duplicate handwriting you need it to be a path. You can bring in a picture and trace it using polylines and then it would be a path. You could use software to convert your "raster" picture to a "vector" drawing. The problem you will run into is that most software will want to trace the inside and outside of each line so you will get two lines. If it were me and I wanted to do this project I would load the image in inkscape and trace the handwriting with a bezier curve. You just click a bunch of places on the handwriting then drag the control points till it matches your signature and export as a dxf. You then need a software that can read dxf such as T2laser or Bencutlaser

• @ratsack the eleksegg @EleksMaker-Z create make signature. The signature eleksmaker write is America President Obama. Eleksmaker get machine to write signature. Eleksmaker should teach how do it.

• @ratsack the eleksegg @EleksMaker-Z create make signature. The signature eleksmaker write is America President Obama. Eleksmaker get machine to write signature. Eleksmaker should teach how do it.

• @ratsack what is or how do I do what you have suggested “ scan to rebuild your handwritten text“?

Do you know of any videos that can show and explain how to do what you have recommended?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.