Eleksmaker 15w laser powers on automatically

• Hi there,

Would really appreciate your help on this.
    I upgraded 2500mw laser to a 15w laser which came with it's own power supply. 15w is always on whether its connected to the controller board. I researched a bit and found that grounds need to be connected in each power supplies. Is that true? Can't I connect the two ground wires at the laser controller board? Please help!!!! alt text

• @dumidusl yes, that should work. What you need is those two ground wires to be connected together. It doesnt really matter where.

See my post with my awesome high-quality crayon drawing in this post for the wiring diagram: http://forum.eleksmaker.com/topic/895/can-i-use-these-laser-module/6

EDIT
    LOOK AT YOUR TTL PINOUT!!! It looks like the black (negative/ground) is going to the TTL positive and the red (positive) is going to ground!!! That is also an issue

• Thanks very much for your help. So I connected the two grounds from both power supplies and fixed the TTL wiring ( Changed + and - ) but still the power stays on and I can't control it from benbox. Any further ideas?

This is my new wiring

alt text

This is my controller board
    alt text

• This post is deleted!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Where are you getting the TTL signal? (PWM switched 5V)

It should be coming from D11 on the Nano, it looks like you are taking the 12V from the MOSFET in which case you've probably blown the laser input driver.

• Hi thanks for your comment @Zax. I had it on 12V I switched it to 5v and tried again but no the laser is continuously on irrespective of what I do. Yes the laser is on 11. Could you tell how I could check if the laser driver was blown? Also I bought the 15w laser and it does not produce any better results than 2500mw. Could this be faulty?

On your picture I don't see any connection to D11, is it soldered on the backside?

I do see a connection to the laser output on your board, this is a 12V switched signal - where is it going?

• @Zax Just to give you an ideas, this was pre-configured to be used with a 2500mw laser head with no power supply just for that. Does that explain the 12V signal? I'm not that technical so are you kind enough to tell me what I need to do exactly to configure the 15w laser module with the power supply?

On the laser driver board you have 2 connectors, power and TTL.

The power should come directly from the power supply (not from the controller board).

The TTL signal needs to come from the Nano clone directly, so you would connect TTL+ to the D11 pin and TTL- to GND.

I can not tell how you have wired it up, but it is likely you connected 12V to the TTL input which may have damaged the driver. If you unplug the TTL connection is it always on? How about if you short TTL + and -?

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@dumidusl said in Eleksmaker 15w laser powers on automatically:

Hi there,

Would really appreciate your help on this.
    I upgraded 2500mw laser to a 15w laser which came with it's own power supply. 15w is always on whether its connected to the controller board. I researched a bit and found that grounds need to be connected in each power supplies. Is that true? Can't I connect the two ground wires at the laser controller board? Please help!!!! alt text

hi...this is not our laser , we only sales 2.5w/5w/7w blue laser , the 15w laser is banggood products , please contact with banggood, our newst blue laser will not turn on auto automatically , thanks

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.