Combining Sketch and Regular Printing (Fill) with T2

• Hi Everyone,
    I have a logo that has text in a circle and a beer mug in the center. I would like to have the laser print only the outline of the letters and have the beer mug be solid. I would like it to run the sketch first, then come back and run the mug last. I have tried to do this using the Sketch Plus overlay, but I can either get the sketch or get it solid, I can't get them to combine. In the picture I want the center from the left and the writing/circles from the right. Is there a way to do this in T2? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    0_1511375899526_coasters.jpg image url)

• @Jem try the outline tool

Another fellow Minnesotant? Do they sell their beer in stores? I haven’t seen this one yet.

• Howdy, indeed another MNant. We do sell a very small amount in stores but it's only about 30 liquor stores and only when we have specialty releases (no staple beers). We mainly focus on the taproom, which is about 90% of our sales. I'll try the outline tool and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

• @ThothLoki
    I think I am using the outline tool, which is giving me the image on the right. If I only select the letters on the outside then it just eliminates the mug on the inside. When I try to load the image on top it seems to clear our my outline on the outside. I'm struggling to combine the two unless I'm not using the correct outline tool (is it different than the sketch)?

• @Jem No. Sounds like you have the software down pat (in my book). Maybe @Zax can chime in here and let us know if there is the possibility in T2.

Otherwise, I suggest you import it into Inkscape and do it there.

After I wrote that post, I reread your post and realized I had told you to do something you were already doing. I blame it on the cold ;) Who knows...maybe 50 tomorrow? (that F not C for you non US people, yeah. I know....)

• Is this what you are looking for?
    0_1511381416531_LTDv1.png

• @ThothLoki

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I was hoping to avoid doing it in inkscape or adobe so that it would trace the letters and circle on a single pass rather than doing it as an engraving. As an engraving I am running about 7 minutes vs 1.5 minutes for the sketch (and it's mostly due to the path, doing a full pass to hit both sides of the circle takes way more time than just tracing a circle in a singe pass). I was hoping to land somewhere in the middle with the sketch you just produced. Thanks!!!

• @Jem Sketch Plus is used for engraving and cutting. Not vector.

If you are using center start, I almost suggest you do two files, 1 for the outside and 1 for the inside
    You could probably just generate the gcode for each and combine them (assuming that your machine rehomes between the files)

• @ThothLoki
    I think combining 2 files is my best option at this point. I'll generate the G-Code for each file, then copy and paste them together. This will allow me to do it in the order I would like as well. Thanks for all your help! Let me know if you're going to drop in some time for that beer ;)

• @Jem Sounds good. let me know how it goes. Just make sure you do not overwrite the last line of the first gcode file (G92X0Y0). It needs to go back home before it starts the next sequence.

Beer......did you say beer?????? I'M THERE. I will most definitely have to stop by when I am in the area (I live in Saint Michael). I always love a good local brew. You should see my fridge. The only non-local is a German import.

Let me know if you have an extra sample case and need a "taste tester" ;)

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You could create the LTD as an image and use Sketch Plus to add the circles and text as vector or create the entire job as vector with a pseudo fill on the LTD.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.