@Zax Ok, weird stuff...
The Z axis was stalling regularly during the 10mm square test when I started trying some $112 and $122 values. 200 for both and all was good. Gradually increased $112 to 5000 (max) leaving Accel at 200. All was good with $112=5000. Started to raise the accel value in 1000 increments, expecting it to fail at 5000, But NO! it worked fine with $122=5000.
So whether the stored value was corrupted at some point back in the beginning when I was installing the s/w or firmware who knows. All the time in display grbl parameters the Z accel showed as 5000mm/sec^2, so probably never know. Anyway, I have set $112=5000, and $122=1000 just to be on the safe side and all is well.
Still need to stop it doing all the return to Z0, but at least it is working now.
BTW, I had tried loading default parameters before, but it still didn't work, so who knows why it is now!
Hi Zax, yes, I am using sketch+ overlay. The simulation looks right, it engraves, then cuts the outline. It was just that I was not seeing a difference in the time so assumed I was missing a step. Best way is to try it for real when I'll do when I get back from my travels.
Yep, very happy bunny at the moment. All is working well. Homing switches arrived today so I'll get those fitted.
Had great success cutting that dxf in 4mm ply. 3 passes at 150mm/m. Surprised it did it so easily. Air jet really makes a difference.
Hi Zaxs, I did load 1.1e at the beginning. I didn't realise that "Configure eleksmana" over wrote the firmware, it certainly wasn't intentional. I assumed it might be for table size, laser type or motor types etc. So the answer is to reset everything to default, reinstall 1.1e and DON'T select that option:-)