File prepping or V2 Laser software issue here (not sure which it is).
Have my EleksDraw finally set up and downloaded / licensed T2 Laser because the EleksCam software was super buggy for me (using Parallels on a Mac).
I'm having problems getting the thing to actually draw the images I'm feeding it. Heres my process, so please let me know what i'm doing wrong:
- Have this cool photo of a beetroot.
- I feed it into Adobe Illustrator, trace, and expand.
- I make sure all remaining lines are black.
- I export as a .BMP (bitmap) file (not sure if there are extra settings here im neglecting)
- I feed .BMP file into V2 Laser
- I generate G-code and go to "control laser"
- I ensure settings are configured for EleksDraw
- I hit go
My ElkesDraw then proceeds to draw something neither beetroot-like, nor pretty. When I "preview" the g-code it becomes apparent that it's filling in all the negative space with lines. It also drags the pen from the home to the beginning of the drawing -- not ideal.
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I suspect a solid resource for prepping files would help me resolve this issue, though I'm struggling to find one online. I may also be neglecting a setting or two on T2 Laser.
Perhaps @Zax has something to say about this?
Here are some images to illustrate my demise ...