EleksTube API Control Protocol

• ElekMaker Develop Department

EleksTube API Control Protocol For EleksTube V5.1 firmware

Link Serial Baud Rate

Link Real Time Color & Time Protocol

/(header)1(first tube number)66CCFF(Standard Sixteen Binary RGB color)166CCFF(second tube number and color).....

eg. #166CCFF266CCFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF //Tube will show 12:12:12 and color is blue blue white white white white

This is only for real time tube exhibition

Save Time Color & Time Protocol

*(header)1(first tube number)66CCFF(Standard Sixteen Binary RGB color)166CCFF(second tube number and color).....

eg.   *166CCFF266CCFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF //Tube will save time and color 12:12:12 and color is blue blue white white white white

This is only for real time tube exhibition

Mode Change and Switch AM/PM

$(header)000

$0 is for EleksTube 4/6 set
    $1 is for EleksTube one

$00 is normal mode
    $01 is rainbow mode
    $02 is water fall mode
    $03 is test mode
    $04 is random mode

$000 is for 24H mode //will update soon in EleksTube v6.2 
    $001 is for AM/PM mode //will update soon in EleksTube v6.2

Attention AM/PM mode is not support in EleksTube v5.1 but will update soon in EleksTube v6.2

• Greetings,

Can you clarify the difference between the # header and the * header? If I send the * header with the digit number and sixteen binary RGB color, the display will change the time correctly. If I send the # header with the digit number and sixteen binary RGB color, the display flashes through all of the numbers 0-9 on all of the digits, but does not change the time.

I am attempting to develop a precise update to the clock, by sending the digits to the clock every second. I expected that the # header was the correct approach based on the description, but it appears it is not operating as I expected. Can you provide some clarification to the API?

Also I noticed that some delay is required to sending commands over the serial port to the ElecksTube otherwise commands are missed completely.

Thank you

hi , * header only for save time and color , just need send once

and # header is for real-time display, you need continue sending it , i think 10 times per sercond is reasonable sending frequency

• Still experiencing issues with the API

This is what I sent to the clock via the serial interface:

0_1539456310712_upload-002a21bc-69b6-4b66-8f58-aa3e473739b0

The clock is set to 12:12:12 with the colors expected. However the # command does not seem to work. I have attached a YouTube video that shows the behavior experienced.

Youtube Video

@EleksMaker-Z said in EleksTube API Control Protocol (For Third Party Control Software):

@ib134866 hmmmm, # is for saving , so you need power off and power up to see if time&color be saving

srrrrrrrrrry, i miss that up , is not # heard , is / header .

sry again

• Can you provide details on the RX and TX voltage level requirements for the EleksTube serial port located on the controller? Will a 3.3 V serial logic level be acceptable or is a 5 V logic level required?

Thank you

@ib134866 said in EleksTube API Control Protocol:

Can you provide details on the RX and TX voltage level requirements for the EleksTube serial port located on the controller? Will a 3.3 V serial logic level be acceptable or is a 5 V logic level required?

Thank you

5v requied :star:

• Is there an API that queries the what's currently on the display or the current time? I'm finding the serial bus occasionally glitches on "*..." but the clock responses with "Save Success".

Thanks, Ken

no...we dont have report api....sry...

• @ib134866 How to set the clock to that mode? After replace the new circuit board, my clock isn't able to be set like that anymore. Hope someone can help me?

@hort5000 yeah...the new board use the button to set mode ...not support api anymore....

• @EleksMaker-Z But I can't even set it to that mode using the buttons. The board with micro USB port isn't able to set to the mode; however, the board with USB-C port is able to. Would you please explain for me?

• Hope someone is still watching this topic. There are references here to firmware versions. Where does one obtain these different firmware versions? Where can I download them.

Also, has the firmware source ever been published? I would like to drive this from a different board, and would like to see the original source. Is that available?

Thank you

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.