T2Laser Software - Introduction

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You can use Velocity mode to get grey scale results, it works really well.

• @Zax
    Hi zax
    With a black and white picture how do i only engrave only out lines T2 Laser. I must say gray scale works awsome.

• @shnaidar said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

Nice engraving, what machine do you have? I have an Eleks A3 pro, and I cant use grey scale, It doen't look good, or I don't know how.... newbie mee...

I also have A3 2 500mW engraver. I used gray scale 130 laser 1300 feed and picture mode not with vector i do not know how to post a picture here but it looks almost just like the real picture. Im very happy with that.

• @juanlerm said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

@Zax
    Hi zax
    With a black and white picture how do i only engrave only out lines T2 Laser. I must say gray scale works awsome.

Not to warry im good you tube helped me.

This post is deleted!

Glad you figured it out. You can use manual trace and select the lines to convert, this works with Sketch Plus where you can raster the design and then use the outline to enhance the edges or with multi-pass vector to cut it out.

T2Laser has many more features so can seem complex, but the basics are pretty intuitive and you'll keep learning more tricks. Enjoy!

This post is deleted!

Haha, yeah it's hard to be objective as the developer since everything seems obvious to me ;)

Thanks for the comments.

I totally agree with @mrmister and perfectly understand @Zax also. For Zax is of course all obvious, but for me, if I must read manual or learn by video basic usage, it makes little block. But definitely - if I had make money with those machines, Zax's T2Laser is at the moment must to be and it is not expensive at all. If there would be possible to use it without changing a firmware, I would bought it long ago, but now I hope that EleksMaker fellows develop their EleksCAM that is more intuitive to use but at the moment lacks elementary possibilities and is very buggy. Unfortunately seems that they not at full stretch and soul on developing it... :(

You can use T2Laser with Benbox, EleksMana and Grbl firmware.

The latest version (v1.4d) fully supports EleksMana firmware with switching for different machines.

The advantage of Grbl 1.1 is it has more features for laser, but is not necessary and does not support the EleksDraw.

• @Zax said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

Glad you figured it out. You can use manual trace and select the lines to convert, this works with Sketch Plus where you can raster the design and then use the outline to enhance the edges or with multi-pass vector to cut it out.

T2Laser has many more features so can seem complex, but the basics are pretty intuitive and you'll keep learning more tricks. Enjoy!

Hi Zax
    I have a question I am engraving a frame with nothing in the centre and it takes ages to finish(my project will take 185min and 20s Frame is in an picture is there a way that it doesn't go side to side or 45 deg and only follow the black frame . because it is engraving then the laser goes to a side stay off for maybe 15 seconds if at the part of picture its engraving again. I would like it to start one side engrave every thing and go around lets say clock wise and that will save time. hope you can help. another thing with out lining the words are not smooth is there a way that I can make the better quality.

• @juanlerm said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

@shnaidar said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

Nice engraving, what machine do you have? I have an Eleks A3 pro, and I cant use grey scale, It doen't look good, or I don't know how.... newbie mee...

I also have A3 2 500mW engraver. I used gray scale 130 laser 1300 feed and picture mode not with vector i do not know how to post a picture here but it looks almost just like the real picture. Im very happy with that.

0_1493148838919_Engraving wedding pictures.png

To improve the quality you would need to use a higher resolution but of course the engraving time increases. That is why I have the option for vector tracing the outline with raster fill, it's sometimes the fastest option.

If you are using Sketch text, change the Flatten Resolution value to 0.01 and it will help and doesn't "cost" you much speed.
    0_1493154462321_flatten_text.jpg

When you have an empty frame you could split the job in 2 and do the left side, then the right side - obviously alignment is important so don't move the board. After it finishes jog over, set home and run the 2nd half. You can also enable rapid skip blank which will move much quicker to the other side.
    0_1493154577692_rapidskipblank.jpg

This post is deleted!

• @Zax
    thank you i will try it thank you. do you have a manual with descriptions to what each option does. i have that manuals or examples that i got with my down load. but it doesn't tell me what each option does. i have v1.4b is there a difference between b and e?

@juanlerm The manual is built-in, find it in the Help menu.

Each version adds some extra features or improves the program in some way. Once you upgrade to v1.4d or above you will be notified via the software of updates and they can install automatically, this is because I moved to an online deployment server.

I recommend updating, which is free! Since you are using an older version, you will need to uninstall from Control Panel and install the latest.

http://download.cnet.com/T2Laser/3000-2130_4-76476538.html

• @Zax
    must i uninstall the old one and load the code again?

Yes, to upgrade from pre-v1.4d you must uninstall first but it doesn't affect your license. Then after you install the latest version it won't be necessary to uninstall as upgrades are handled automatically.

• @Zax
    thanks Zax. how does cool down work so that the laser rests while printing

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.