Straight vs Diagonal?

• Hello Everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while and I finally got my first engraver yesterday. Put it together, fired up the Trial version of T2 Laser and have been playing with the machine.

I tried a few test engraves with the EleksCAM software. it works.

When I fired up T2 Laser and when I move the X Y axis of the system via the interface, whenever I ask it to move along one axis it tends to move on both and when I ask it to move on both axis (diagonally) it is moving straight. Which also means the engraving is at a 45 degree angle (and mirrored) for some reason.

Is there a simple fix for this?

//Update : Fixed.
    The board was set for Eleksdraw and since that uses a different drive mechanism, I can see why everything was running diagonally.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@vijayanands T2Laser and my default Grbl 1.1e firmware is the best setup, you will get faster and smoother motion compared to the Eleks configuration and there are advanced features available like homing switches, real time overrides (laser power and feed rate), dynamic laser power and more.

• @vijayanands what do you mean the board was set for Eleksdraw?

@NikonErik There are 2 types of machines, the more common Cartesian and CoreXY machines. If you have the wrong configuration it will move diagonally since Cartesian uses separate X and Y motors and CoreXY combines them to move straight.

This can be configured in the Eleks Mana firmware.
    0_1581385637762_t2laser_eleks_menu.jpg

• @Zax you may know this already, but for the sake of those reading this in the future. You were 100% correct and very helpful to me in solving my "diagonal issue"....which was that by using T2Laser (trial version was fine), and flashing the firmware called EleksMana 0.9i then making sure that it was set to CoreXY (not CartesianXY). This fixed the issue and made it work correctly in EleksCam WITHOUT resetting the ROM or reflashing it again. I just had to tell EleksCam which machine was connected and Laser or Draw modes.

@NikonErik T2Laser has helped many people "fix" their machines, as most problems are due to the poor software and firmware provided. I wrote T2Laser to be a simple solution but provide the best quality results, with the EleksDraw you would benefit from T2Laser centerline trace mode, DXF optimizer and some other features not found in other programs.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.