Preview broken

  • Hey, I got the problem that the preview is broken since I updated the T2 Laser to v1.5p
    The preview looks like a drunken cat and you cannot really determine how big the area really is.
    In addition to that the drawing itself is broken too. It miscalculates the drawing area and starts in the middle (which is normally correct) but instead of starting the drawing in the middle too it begins the drawing at the bottom left corner.
    I don't really know what to do against that.
    Software: T2Laser
    Firmware: GRBL 0.9i
    Machine: EleksDraw
    Microprocessor: Nano

  • Developer of T2Laser Software

    @Anima That sure is strange, you can enable debug mode and see the G-code being sent. It's very straightforward and only a rectangle so how you are getting this response I have no idea. I notice you have machine coordinates displayed, if you change to workpiece do you have an offset or something that needs to be cleared? (you can do this in the Machine menu)

    You can remove T2Laser and reinstall (instructions below) but I really don't see how it could be software.

    Go to C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 and delete the sub folders but leave the 2.0 folder (change [username] to your user name).
    Install from:

  • It seems to be a flaw of the hardware. I oiled the bearings and the stepper motors and at first it worked just fine (except it slightly moved in front while moving the X-axis) but now it is too slippery to get a detailed result. So I'll have to wait for the oil to dissipate. And then adjust some screws.
    It is just weird that all of this happened right after the update of T2 Laser came out
    I'll keep you updated

  • Developer of T2Laser Software

    @Anima The belts should be engaged with the pinion gears teeth, it isn't supposed to be allowed to slip.

  • It is held in place by the gear. No worries. It's just not precise whysoever. If I tighten the screws on the top too much it won't let the Y-axis move.

  • Okay long story short. I fixed it. It appears that multiple screws were lose (from one day to another) and the bearings needed oil. It now is accurate and fast again. Tightened the belt, tightened the screws, oiled the bearings and voila. It works just fine. Even with a speed of 4500mm/min. Thank you for your time though. :)
    Have a nice day

Log in to reply

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.