24 volts to Stepper Drivers

• Here's a question to the Electronics Nerds here...
    As many of you will know, that when using EleksCAM with the EleksMana mother boards, the jogging power to the motors is weak at best but the software punches more turning & holding torque when actually engraving or cutting.
    T2L dumps plenty of power at any stage by default.

So, as many 3d printers run 24 volts, the stepper drivers are good for 24 volts...
    I wondered....
    Maybe, as the Nano board is powered by USB from the PC, the Mother board is powered by 12 volts.... could I drive the steppers from their own 24 volt DC power source via its own power supply with shared earth/gnd to the rest of the power supplies.... Isolate the 8>36v pin of the stepper driver to power 24v...

I have previously done similar things with 3d Printers by soldering stepper drivers atop each other for more current capability of the drivers, so they don't cook - it works...

However, is there any reason why I cannot pipe 24 volts to the stepper driver sub boards alone for more power at the motors ????

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.