Use T2 to collect data- not burn image

• Zax: This is a lightly off the wall request. I am trying to use T2 Laser software to acquire information rather than burn an image.
    I have an ultrasonic transducer which I can move with the scanner. This transducer provides data which is in the 0-5 v range. as the distance from the ultrasonic source changes the voltage increases. I would like to see the depth recorded possible by a change of color or by the numerical value in inches or cm.
    The second piece of data that I would like to collect (also comes from the same transducer (a different wire) is the amplitude of the signal (again in the 0-5 v range) I would like to change the color of the screen image to change as the voltage changes)

Is this possible? thanks
    If the information above is not clear I can call and discuss with you.
    Sal

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Sal-Razi The way T2Laser and Grbl work currently is not really suited to your application, the movement data (G-code) is output and the only input data is location feedback and some other basic information. It does have the capability for probing which can generate a Z map but it's not the way you describe.

I would say this is a dedicated program to scan the area and read the resulting height and amplitude signal, probably using a different firmware or at least a modified version.

Since this would be a very niche application the cost for bespoke software would be high. Your best bet would be to find something close that's already available. Look into Z mapping with Marlin firmware, more suited to a 3D printer but that's probably ideal anyway.

• @Zax Thanks Zax appreciate your answer. I sort of figured it would be so but there was no harm in asking, particularly since you are always helpful.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.