Draw module: Servo trembles

• Hello,

I am using T2 since quite a while for lasering and it works great!
    Now I bought the draw-module for my Elekslaser and it just does not work.
    While the homing position is about 45°, it goes down pretty slow and does not go up again. It does however trembles the whole time and goes up to 45° veryyyy slowly (takes about 30 seconds).

I switched the firmware to 0.9i, activated servo mode, put max. laser power to 35 and tried many other options. Any ideas?

Best,
    David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@davester13 You have done the correct steps, but did you do that BEFORE connecting the servo?

If the servo is connected but Grbl is setup for standard PWM output it will overdrive the servo and could cause damage, this is only a problem with the very low cost servo (plastic gears). It could just be a bad servo, as I said they're terrible quality. Just get a standard model servo from a hobby shop, these are much more powerful and have metal gears.

• Thank you very much for your answer!
    In fact, I did first connect the servo and then I changed the settings...
    I will get a new servo and hope that it will work then.

Is there anything I need to take care of when I switch back to the laser module?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@davester13 Keep the power supply off, disconnect servo / laser before switching the mode. Then connect the module and power.

• Thank you!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.