Vector and raster

• Hi, I'm trying to create an image which consists of a heart with a name inside and a circle around them to engrave them to a round piece of wood. I design it with inkscape and export it as a png. The t2 sees it as an image and it needs almost an hour to engrave.
    Is it possible that the outer circle is a vector and the inner heart a raster?
    Thanks!!!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@kdaffy There's a couple of ways to do it, but I would probably create it as a vector. You can add a hatch in Inkscape to fill it. If you wanted you could create it as an engrave and cut job.

• How should I save it? Png or something else? You mean through inkscape or through t2?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@kdaffy If you want vector you need to save as a vector format, so DXF would be the best choice. PNG is a raster image so it's going to load as a raster. Inkscape is a drawing program and typically used for vector, something like Photoshop is an image editor and designed for raster. Create the job in the right program and then load into T2Laser for G-code generation and ouput to the laser.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.