Changing one axis affects other axis

• Hi,

I got almost everything running as it should (with EleksCAM), but I got one last nagging issue that I wasn't able to resolve so far.

When the machine goes into one direction, for instance, 20 x+ steps, and I then go back 20 x- steps there is a slight deviation on the y-axis as well, which means the line does not completely line up, here's a sketch of what I mean (top is what happens to me, bottom is what I expect):
    0_1574255636100_drag.jpg

Some things I have tried:
    Loosening/Tightening the belt (it gets even worse when the belt is loose)
    Loosening/Tightening the top plate
    Cleaning the shafts

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Alright I figured out the problem. The gear was pushed too far into the motor shaft which made the belt hit part of the shafts. I put them a bit lower and now its functioning ok.

• I have the same problem.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

This is usually caused by backlash (a symptom of loose belts), circles are a good way to check for backlash as typically the ends will not connect if you have this issue. T2Laser includes an option to disable bi-directonal mode which is another good way to check if backlash is the problem, as when the laser always scans left to right it will effectively mask the issue.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.