T2 Laser Software Installation setup

• Good Afternoon

I have EleksMaker laser with a 5 watt laser module. I have been using the software that comes with the machine and its not great, It cant cut so when you try to do multiple passes you just get a burn.

I then tried Laserweb which cuts a very fine line and is very accurate, however it is extremely temperamental and I find difficult to use.

I would like to try the T2 Laser software and would like some advice first.

1. Is back up, if i pay for the software how long does it take for backup
    2. Can it engrave and cut, and if cutting is it able to cut tight corners and grooves.
    3. Is there step by step instructions as to how to set up the software for ease of use.
    4. Is there demos that can be followed so that it is easier to use.

Best wishes

Rodney

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@RodneyB Hi Rodney, let me try to answer your questions.

Is back up, if i pay for the software how long does it take for backup
    I am not sure what you mean by this, if you register from the software you will get a license key usually in a few hours but it depends on time zone etc.

Can it engrave and cut, and if cutting is it able to cut tight corners and grooves.
    Yes and yes, it can do anything your machine is capable of.

Is there step by step instructions as to how to set up the software for ease of use.
    There are videos, a manual and quick guides but more importantly direct support from the developer - me!

Is there demos that can be followed so that it is easier to use.
    The videos will probably help.

• @Zax Thank you for the reply, I have decided to try this and have encounter my first problem. I can not install the firmware driver.

As a result of this I can not get the laser to move

@RodneyB Does your machine connect? Do you get a Grbl Ready message?

If not then likely the Nano is corrupted but on my website I have another method using Nano+ mode and different baud rates that's worth a try, if that doesn't work then the boot loader has probably been wiped and you need to reinstall using Arduino IDE or get a spare Nano.

• @Zax said in T2 Laser Software Installation setup:

@RodneyB Does your machine connect? Do you get a Grbl Ready message?

***I am not sure if it has connected, Where do I see the Grbl Ready Message? I have done no set up, it shows that its connected by coms port4, The laser flicks on when I first start the software. ***

If not then likely the Nano is corrupted but on my website I have another method using Nano+ mode and different baud rates that's worth a try, if that doesn't work then the boot loader has probably been wiped and you need to reinstall using Arduino IDE or get a spare Nano.

*** Please may I have a link to your website where it shows the setup and the method using the Nano+ and different baud rates.***

Where is the setup information?

@RodneyB See the firmware upload error section here

Where it says Connected COMx @ ????, the next line should say Grbl Ready if the laser is responding. If you have Benbox firmware the connect baud rate is usually 9600, otherwise 115200 is typical.

0_1582124331744_grbl11e-ready.jpg

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.