Color mapping dxf only?

• If we can use color in a vector / dxf file to control laser output power, or feed rate, why can't the same color mapping be used in bmp files for the same controls?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@NikonErik I’m not sure what you are asking, but with raster images the greyscale value (which is based on the RGB) is mapped to the laser power or feed rate. So I guess the answer is, it can and it is.

• I read that in the Manual just now! Ha!
    I guess I'm looking for the shade of gray to output power mapping.

• Are we talking about 8-bit Greyscale where the 0-256 Brightness values directly correlate to output power?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@NikonErik Yes. In a color image the RGB is converted to 8-bit greyscale (which is 0 to 255, not 256) and then that is mapped to either the laser power or the feed rate (using Velocity Mode). Since the PWM output is also 8-bit there is a direct correlation between the greyscale value and laser power, this is why T2Laser uses 0-255 for firmware and software laser max. It provides the best greyscale results with no banding or other issues associated with the scaling from 255 to 1000 as used by other programs.

• Love it!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.