Setting up a New Drawbot

• I have put together a new Eleksdraw. I have a problem in that the x-axis doesn't glide smoothly. I've adjusted belts tighten loosen There hase to be a way to fix it.
    Please help. Im a Newbie to Eleksdraw!
    thanks,
    Tom Megna

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@tommegna You say the X-axis doesn't glide but then you mention the belts so I'm a little confused. If the belts are disconnected is it smooth?

It may be that you have overtighted the plate on the bearings.

• @Zax
    When I remove the belt the x-axis travels smoothly! I'm sure the screws are not to tight on the center where the rollers are. I switched wires temporarily and the machine still had problems the same! I thought the motors were bi ding up but they are not! I have smoothed out the X-axis, but as you can see in the attachment there is still an x-axis problem when you go side to side as the lines are worse than Y-axis! I want to smooth the X-axis alot better. Any ![alt text](image url![alt text](![image url](![image url](![image url](image url0_1593127125937_IMG_20200625_191721.jpg )))))more suggestions?0_1593127138591_IMG_20200625_191720.jpg 0_1593127149713_IMG_20200625_191712.jpg Thanks, Tom Megna

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@tommegna The CoreXY system moves at 45 degrees when either motor is activated, to move in a straight line it uses both motors. So you are saying that horizontal lines aren't smooth, which is confusing as the motion is basically the same as when the machine is making vertical lines. That's why I think it's a bearing on the axis.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.