Pen holder rail is very stiff

• The rail that the pen holder mounts onto is very stiff. The carriage definitely doesn't fall under gravity, and is even quite hard to move when I push it with my fingers. I've tried scraping the inside of the track to remove any grit and spraying some WD40 on, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

0_1610114643031_IMG_20210108_140138.jpg

Is there anything I can do to make it move more smoothly?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@christianlp It doesn't drop even with the pen holder and pen attached? In that case the bearings must be stuck or something is jamming them, WD40 is not a lubricant (it's a solvent that will actually remove grease from the bearing and cause it to stick).

• @Zax correct, it never dropped even with quite a heavy pen attached. I know wd40 isn't a lubricant but it's all I have on hand at the moment and I thought I might as well give it a go. Do you have any suggestions for how I can get it moving?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@christianlp If it isn't binding elsewhere then the problem must be the linear bearing, you can remove it from the way and see if it's repairable but don't lose the ball bearings.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.