Engraving horizontal lines for text

• I haven't used my A3 2.5 with T2laser for a while and for the last 2 days I have been trying to get it to engrave some text on wood. Instead of the text I get the whole area filled with straight lines. I have reloaded the parameters and looked at/changed settings to try to fix it but it just burns straight lines. Is there a setting that is affecting it or do I have a problem with the Mana Board or something else? Cheers.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@BobbyB It would help to see the problem, but perhaps you have enabled Sketch (Hatch) or have the resolution set incorrectly? Try 0.2 or 0.18.

• Thanks Zax. I hadn't used it for a while and when I started it didn't engrave the text, just lines so I looked at all the settings, reloaded parameters and reset a couple of settings and it worked . Next time I started it up it was just doing lines again so I did the same things and eventually it engraved the text but upside down and smaller than it should be. I checked the directions and they were all backwards so I reversed all axis, I also checked the resolution which was at 0.1 even though I had set it at 0.2. I tried again and just got lines.
    My thoughts are to uninstall and reinstall and go through the setup again. Will there be issues with the re-install on the same computer? Should I download the latest version and install that as I had done an update after the issues re-appeared.
    My other thought is to change the Mana board and try that as I do have a spare. I am a volunteer at a Community Centre and have a large order to fulfill for them so I need to get it going. Cheers, Bob

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@BobbyB You don't need to reload the software but if you think it's settings just click Restore Defaults in the Help menu. If you post a picture of the result you are getting I can better understand what the issue is, it could be mechanical - like loose belts but without seeing the problem I am totally guessing in the dark.

I don't check the forums that often so for faster support just email me or contact from my website.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.