Now I am all excited!
Posts made by ChewyJoe
I have been using ArtCam for my mill since I bought it, and it's pretty much my go-to at this moment for anything on the mill. However, Windows recently "updated" and removed the entire program and associated files that came with it when I downloaded it. (Going as far to not even showing the files in Windows.old -.-)
I can imagine I can just re-download the zip file from the Banggood page the kit is sold on, but I was hoping that maybe someone could pin the files up above in this subforum, or make a subforum for ArtCam2008 completely so we can share not just the program, but maybe also share the 3d grayscale relief images we make with others(?) Food for thought.
RE: Discuz : We are considering about make an monthly Active Members Award Scheme
Here's some ideas to throw out there:
- One of the selected persons goes out of their way to help others trying to assemble/debug/upgrade their kits.
- " " Takes the time to share his experiences using the machine(s) either with videos to YouTube or streams on Twitch, etc.
- Makes something really cool using the machine(s), like a whole project that requires multiple pieces/parts.
RE: EleksLaser A3 purchased from Banggood (laser always on)
Yes, it does nothing to the physical laser, but as stated, measuring the output with a multimeter off the board while changing that button does indeed change the signal.
EleksLaser A3 purchased from Banggood (laser always on)
Yes, yes, I know you have seen that "laser always on" too much, but I can not figure this out for the flucking love of bacon.
As stated in the topic, I purchased the kit from Banggood. The controller board is a Mana SE, the laser assembly is a "5.5W" with a driver circuit I can't quite track down a schematic of or datasheet - SW-LD49 V3.1 161121. Sey up to use PWM per kit instructions. After assembling this wonderful kit, I was able to use EleksCam to download the drivers and flash the hex from the software.
I can control the movements with the steppers, that's no big deal. However, the laser turns on and stays on full power when the board's 12V input is turned on.
I have rummaged through the forums and various other sources and still have no clue what's going on, but here's what I do know...
- The only way to change the laser's power is to use the built-in target laser button on the laser driver circuit.
- The TTL/PWM button on the laser driver does fluck-all.
- Using a multimeter, I tested and confirmed that the controller board was outputting correct TTL/PWM signals and the power to laser was indeed 12V.
- Even disconnecting the PWM/TTL wires from the laser driver while leaving the 12V input alone still has the laser on full.
- Same situation as above, but pulled the "S" on the laser driver down to ground, still full power.
Figuring the controller board was good, and the laser diode itself was turning on, I assumed the driver circuitry must be faulty and bought 2 new drivers. (What ever you want to call these https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71-7f-Q5ftL.SL1000.jpg rated for 5W)
Since the new drivers only use TTL and not PWM, I took the initial 3 pin connector coming out of the controller for PWM, cut out the signal wire, and swapped the other end's connector with a 2 pin male, thus for use as the power input connector. Made myself a new lead connecting the motor output of controller to the driver, all good.
Triple checked the connections, polarities, and signal outputs, all good.
SAME. PROBLEMS. AS. THE. BEFORE.
Disconnected the TTL lead leaving just 12v going to the driver, and it goes full power, yada yada, you heard this all before.
tested with the 3rd driver, and same problems.
No clue what is wrong. My body tells me it must be the laser driver, but I seriously doubt I got 3 faulty drivers all from different sources, all in as row.
Anyone who knows what might be going on, please chime in. I have over 550 into this laser already. -,-
RE: Laser always on
I recently put together my 5.5w a3 kit and have the same issue with the laser staying on full power. Laser was in the kit however, and has the proper 3 wires on both ends. (lucky me?) Anyways, I still haven't figured out the answer yet and hoping someone chimes in that can help, because even resetting the rom from elekscam doesn't help.